The State’s new policy is very relevant to all of us. Consider the title even: Creative Communities. This is the heart of everything we try to do at AUH.
The new policy has few specifics. So, it will be all about the implementation and over the next year the Regional Arts Network and Create NSW (plus a few other departments) will be working on a state-wide Regional Arts Strategic Plan to get those concrete goals and dreamy aspirations.
Creative Communities is grounded in five guiding principles:
- Prioritise First Nations culture;
- Embrace the arts, culture and creative industries;
- Advocate for the value of culture;
- Support sustainable growth;
- Take our creativity to the world and bring the world to our stories.
How all that will happen around here is the next crucial stage. Click Creative Communities | NSW Government if you’d like to read the policy in detail.