Ever wanted to turn your creative dream into a business reality? Have you already set out and want to know if you’re on the right track?
A free webinar is being presented by Arts Upper Hunter in partnership with Creative Plus Business to answer all your questions. This fast, friendly and information-packed workshop covers all the basics for creative people who want to work for themselves. It will explore the ten ‘pain’ points which make people feel like they might have to quit and what they can do to keep going. It’s relevant no matter your creative profession or level of experience and speaks to anyone working for themselves in an arts practice, small organisations and not-for-profit organisations.
Friday 30 October 2020
Time: 10am to 12.30pm with a break midway.
To book: CLICK HERE (You will be taken to Business Connect website to book).
In this down-to-earth workshop, participants will learn about:
– setting goals and planning your business journey;
– understanding and handling money matters;
– the key to managing time better;
– introduction to tax and legal resources for creatives;
– marketing tips and juggling the realities of combining art and business.
What do I get? All participants of this workshop also receive:
– A PDF Workbook containing additional materials and tools to support their learning;
– Lifetime access to a dedicated Top Ten Tips Dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
– Access to additional free resources and suggestions for professional grant assistance.
Who should attend?
Get the inside scoop on the basics of running your own creative business. This workshop is relevant no matter your creative profession or level of experience and speaks to anyone working for themselves in an arts practice, small organisations and not-for-profit organisations.
Who is presenting?
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 900-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
Accessibility: if you have any access requirements, please email email@example.com