Project Officer / Communications Staff
Extended Deadline to Apply – now 9 September!
Are you looking for the chance to work for the creative industries in our region?
Arts Upper Hunter is seeking people who are keen to be involved in regional arts and culture, working flexible hours.
We are looking for multi-skilled people to help us develop and deliver creative projects across the Arts Upper Hunter region, engaging with artists, creative groups, government organisations and other stakeholders large and small.
As well as project development, the Project Officer/s will be involved in Arts Upper Hunter’s evolving communications and promotions of news, events and opportunities for creative practitioners and groups.
Our mission includes a commitment to First Nations artists to ensure their work is well supported and reaches a wide audience. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting and rare chance to become part of a small collaborative team and grow your skills in arts and cultural development.
Whether you’re interested in a part-time or full-time position, we’d love to hear from you.
NEW deadline. Applications close 5pm Friday 9 September 2022.
We are …
We are Arts Upper Hunter, a small arts organisation primarily funded by Create NSW and four regional councils – Dungog, Muswellbrook, Singleton and Upper Hunter Councils. We are a non-profit with a Board and Executive Director, and part of the NSW-wide Regional Arts Network.
We are currently implementing a new Strategic Plan – much of the Project Officer’s initial work will be in developing a range of projects from this plan.
- great with people, a self-starter, a collaborator
- passionate about community arts and culture; enthusiastic about all types of artforms and creative work
- a keen learner, happy to pick up new skills (you don’t have to be able to do everything on this list on day one!
- resourceful across all sorts of projects, be they live events or exhibitions, or on-line promotions or resources
- comfortable with artists and creatives, keen to advise, mentor and work with them to achieve their goals
- a communicator, ready to be expressive about projects and people
- good at grant writing and happy working with project budgets
- OK with shifting priorities, unfazed by systems, cool with chaos, smooth with learning curves
- living in our region (ideally)
- skilled and creative with digital platforms including content generation
- deeply respectful of First Nations arts, culture and language
- to find joy in your work
- agency in the work you do – you’re keen to bring your own processes and magic to your projects
- to work from home and around the region, travelling as needed
- to work with creative people and organisations; to make a difference
You are unique. We are flexible.
And you will have special skills (a special interest, background or life experience) to bring to the position, which may allow for a tweaking of the post. For example, First Nations background, long experience in one particular artform, digital streaming skills, deep social media know-how…
There is some flexibility in how we might offer the position/s, for example:
- two P/T positions with separate responsibilities
- two people job-sharing (a combined application is acceptable)
- one person working a 9-10 day fortnight
- salary range is $60-64,000 per annum (pro rata) plus superannuation & leave loading.
Initially the work will be for a one-year contract, with potential for the position to continue depending on funding and need.
- check out the Position Description, look over our Strategic Plan 22-24, and contact us for more information if you wish.
- write a cover letter addressing the essentials of the job, especially the selection criteria and any unique skills you have.
- the cover letter can include:
* up to four online links that support your application
* your preferences for hours and days working, P/T or F/T
* anything else you think we should know.
- add your resume, nicely fit for purpose, including contacts for two referees.
Click here for the Position Description, including duties, essential and desirable criteria.
Click here to download the Arts Upper Hunter Strategic Plan 2022-24
Executive Director, Arts Upper Hunter, email@example.com, 0409 382 509.
Arts Upper Hunter is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW.
Arts Upper Hunter is supported by the Dungog Shire Council, Muswellbrook Shire Council, Singleton Council, and the Upper Hunter Shire Council.