Singleton Council are seeking an Arts and Culture Program Officer, to join their team for 3 days a week, initially for 8 months, but with a view to become more long term for the right candidate!
This new role will bring expertise and energy to assist with the development and delivery of an innovative and high-quality art program at the Singleton Arts and Cultural Centre. The role will be critical to the success of the program and will involve working with the Coordinator Arts and Culture, volunteers, artists, the local community, Council staff and key stakeholders to ensure the professional delivery of exhibitions, public events, and workshops.
General objectives will be to:
- Support the Coordinator Arts and Culture in the planning and implementation of the Centre’s program
- Complete procedural operations and administrative tasks in the Arts and Cultural Centre
- Coordinate community participation in events and programmed activities.
- Assist artists and guests with program implementation, workshops, events, and exhibition planning
- Collect data and deliver evaluation reports that show quantifiable measurements of program reach and participation.
- Promote and process the sale of artworks, crafts, and gifts.
To be considered you will ideally bring:
- A degree qualification in an arts related field or significant experience working in a public art gallery or museum.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the confidence to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, implementation, and reporting.
- Proven previous experience in administration or office management and the ability to multitask and work with competing deadlines.
- Comprehensive time management and problem-solving abilities.
This is a truly exciting opportunity, perfect if you are seeking a role that can utilise your passion for the arts as well as supporting such fantastic initiatives that will benefit the local community!
Tthere is no close date for applications so apply asap.
Interested? Click here for more and further info. Or for a confidential discussion call Amy King on 0437 062 511.